Healthy Habits to Promote Energy, Focus, and Clarity
Four domains in which to prioritize your health
If you are stopping by from the OECD Tuesday talks, you have found the right place! If you missed it, I have teamed up with project jumpstart at Indiana University to present a series of health and wellness workshops with goal of providing themes and habits to promote adaptability, change, but more importantly, sustainable growth. COVID-19 has thrown a curveball in all of our lives and adapting has been easier for some, but harder for others. If you are someone who has been struggling wIth productivity, your mental game, prioritizing your health, or setting up a routine, I encourage you to check it out on the link below.
I’ve touched upon of WHY these areas are so important in our lives in previous blog posts, however, this blog will focus on the HOW, providing tips and habits to implement into our lives.
The four areas are:
3. Movement and Exercise
4. Mindfulness and Meditation
A quick list of benefits:
1. Increased productivity
2. Increased energy and clarity
3. Helps the brain process
4. Reduces stress and optimizes body function
5. 7-9 hours is recommended
6. Most fundamental health habit
1. Limit blue light exposure 60-90 minutes before bed
2. Avoid caffeine after 5 pm
3. Alcohol in our system negatively affects our sleep and actually lowers REM sleep.
4. During periods of recovery after long periods of stress, 9 hours might not be enough. Everyone is different, listen to your body!
5. Sleep in a dark, cold room.
6. Meditation or stretching before bed can help you fall asleep faster and promote a deeper quality of sleep.
7. Keep daytime naps in the range of 15-25 minutes.